Posted to alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove,uk.d-i-y
Mack A. Damia Mack A. Damia is offline

Default Tripe

On Mon, 24 Aug 2009 06:25:38 -0700 (PDT), zymurgy
wrote:

On Aug 8, 7:12*pm, Mack A. Damia wrote:
On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 14:02:37 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

Syd Little wrote in message
.. .
Would you eat this?

http://www.use.com/media/2009/0806/183604/p_001.jpg

[Ramsay]

He mentions, 'Accrington's Stanley' . *Must be the name of the tripe
shop. *I was born in Accy. *Great granny owned a tripe shop in
Clayton.

Ugh, i'm no great fan of Spam, but i'd eat that over tripe.

They love it in Italy, cut into strips and in thick tomato and basil
sauce.

It's still disgusting. I think it's the texture, more than the
taste ..

Only way I'll eat it is with salt, pepper and vinegar. Then, I think
it's rather tasty.

Spam is okay but as I age (I'm 62) I find that I notice (and can
taste) the enormous amounts of sodium in canned goods - especially
Spam. For example, a small can of baked beans supplies over 100% of
the recommended daily allowance of sodium. I can feel my body swell
up from just reading the label.

I live in Mexico, and tripe is a staple of "menudo". I don't care for
it, though.
--
mad