Posted to rec.woodworking
manyirons manyirons is offline

Default Why I hate Norm Abrams

On Aug 24, 3:17*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:

As the crew started to work that concrete, I was impressed by how
little I really knew about how to lay concrete.

I was also very grateful I had hired somebody who knew what they were
doing.

I decided then and there to add concrete laying to the jobs I hire
out, the others being car repair and brain surgery.

That was 40 years ago.

If I had tried to lay that concrete, it still would not be done.

Lew

I had been thinking I might exchange deckblocks for a concrete pad
under my shed (and if that goes well, maybe someday a foundation for a
whole detached shop). I had also been thinking I'd do it myself. You
didn't tell us what sort of details you would have missed that the
contractors didn't. What's so important that isn't obvious (to me)?

- Owen -