Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim S Tim S is offline

Default Offers on cement mixers?

David WE Roberts coughed up some electrons that declared:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
On 24/08/09 10:49, David WE Roberts wrote:

I am about to start installing a new fence with concrete posts, followed
by a shed base.

Does anyone know of any good/special deals at the moment for cement
mixers?

Hire one, unless you want the shed to be half-full as soon as you've
finished building it.

That would have to be one big mixer :-)
[My mate Juan FG Bigshed is helping with the design.]

I am (obviously) costing between purchase and hire.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/87701/...Concrete-Mixer

This is the cheapest I've seen so far; I am trawling for a used mixer but
not doing too well.

The project may drag over several weeks which could point towards buying,
however:

http://www.hss.com/g/42144/Concrete-...p-Up-110v.html

Subject to confirmation this will supply a 240V mixer for £10 a week up to
the 6th September.

Can't seee me beating that with a purchase!

Cheers

Dave R

Have you thought about bedding the fenceposts in with dry mix (eg Postcrete)
and just hiring a massive mixer for 1 day for the shed base?

Cheers

Tim