Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default Reolacement top for toilet

"EJ Willson" wrote in message
m...
A large picture fell off the bathroom wall and broke the china top to the
toilet. I need a replacement top. The toilet is a Universal Rundel #4490,
1.6 gal/flush. I cannot find a U/R dealer because Universal was bought by
Crane, which appears to have been bought by American Standard. Can anyone
offer any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement top locally here
in the Princeton NJ area, mail order or over the internet?

Thanks,
EJ in NJ

If you can't find it at a local salvage yard or some of the other sources
people have offered up, try Adam and Eve Salvage in West Palm Beach. They
have a field of toilets (literally!) and could probably find what you want -
they're starting an internet business. They're at
http://www.adamandevesalvage.com/.

When we remodelled we sold them our old colored toilet fixtures for $5.00
ea. - beats leaving them at curbside for the trashman.

Anyone in southeast Florida, this is an interesting place to visit. We
bought a pallet of oriental ceramic roof tiles from them and some other odds
and ends. They've got stuff from old mansions, theaters, street lamps,
oversize doors. Even though their things are a little pricey, I don't
understand their business model that keeps them going --