Posted to alt.home.repair
johnnylabguy johnnylabguy is offline

Default How do I fix cast iron waste stack crack?

johnnylabguy had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...ck-390661-.htm
:
Thanks for all the replies. I tried to epoxy the crack this weekend and
unfortunately I've discovered the hairline crack appears to go below the
concrete level. I guess there will be no shortcut for this repair.

Also thanks for the info on stuccosite... I was just searching for similar
topics with msn and stuccosite was third on the list so the spammers are
getting smarter. But you know, I can deal with a few ads if it means me
finding an answer faster. Next time I'll go through usenet but for now it
looks like I've got more important things to do like busting out some
concrete and replacing some cast iron. Not fun.

DanG wrote:

There are several epoxy repair wraps for copper water piping that
is under pressure and they work quite well. I wouldn't hesitate
to use them on your non pressured sanitary pipe.

Here is an example:
http://www.epoxyproducts.com/pipewrap2.html