Posted to alt.home.repair
benick[_2_] benick[_2_] is offline

Default Taping the bathroom under remodeling

"Mike Alternate" wrote in message
My contractor uses SHEETROCK® Drywall Joint Tape to tape outside the
shower stall and a "classic" fiberglass mesh joint tape FibaTape inside
the stall.

While the latter is mold-resistant, is it still good only for outside of
the shower stall, and a more advanced FibaTape Mold-X10 should be used
inside?

Or would it be years (if ever) until I see the difference?

He is doing it right..

If you wanted a mold resistant room you could/should have requested
paperless sheetrock , mold resistant mest tape and USG Durabond and Easysand
Joint Compound for the whole room UP FRONT...Mold really doesn't like the
setting type compounds for some reason....The ENTIRE wall gets mudded like
you'ld do when plastering because the the sheetrock has a fiberglass face
and is VERY rough....It isVERY expensive and I've only done it a few times
all of which were indoor spas or lap pool rooms...In short your being a
PITA..... ; ) .....Use your exhaust fan and you will be fine...Opening the
window helps as well...