Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25401 Ignoramus25401 is offline

Default is the 125 cu ft tank I bought a "CUSTOMER-OWNED" argon? (goodclear pix)

On 2009-08-23, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 23 Aug 2009 19:38:12 GMT, Charles U Farley
wrote:

dave wrote in news:2hgkm.69332$sC1.13813
:

least I -think- it's a 125 cubic foot CUSTOMER-OWNED model, anyway. it
came with an ol' miller spoolmate/spoolmatic setup, and a 'harbor
fright' tubing bender (2.5 hoursaway one-way/had to buy it all to get
the tank)

Looks like it's an owned bottle. No lettering around the neck ring that
would indicate it belongs to a gas company. A question comes to mind
though. If you had to go that far to get a used bottle, can you find
someone willing to fill it locally?

Anyway, get it filled before June next year or you will be in the hook for
the hydrotest fee.

Correct..Dave is the new owner.

me three.

Btw..I just picked up 3 used bottles that had the name of a now defunct
welding supplier on it. I brought em into my favorite welding
distributor (Sims-Orange..Santa Ana, California), they looked through
the book, didnt find the name, and swapped me 3 unmarked bottles
straight across, plus the $25 hydrotest charge. They came filled...G
and they told me they would charge me for the next refill. Crom but I
love that place. (2) 275 cf Argons, and (1) 275 cf O2....and the
hydrotest was just done on all 3 of them....VBG!!
Oh..I got em for free....... Very very big grin!!!

I hate you!