Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveB[_9_] SteveB[_9_] is offline

Default New granite - is this acceptable

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 10:35:55 -0700 (PDT), Big Jim
wrote:

If it wasnt noticeable it wouldnt b e a problem.

On Aug 22, 4:58 am, Ashton Crusher wrote:

With the cultured marble they fixed defects like that with a mixture
of ground up cultured marble of the same color and resin. If that is
a cut that's been filled in it certainly could have been filled in
with a better match of material. I would think someone who knew what
they were doing would have made it match so well you would never have
noticed it.

Exactly. When our house was new 20+ years ago our cultured marble
bath top had some kind of similar defect which I put on the punchlist.
When we reinspected I couldn't find the defect, couldn't find any
defects, so I thought they had replaced the whole top but they said
the just repaired it. It's still not "findable".

Ditto. Caulk is not an "acceptable substitute."