Posted to alt.home.repair
Hustlin' Hank Hustlin' Hank is offline

Default honda model hrt216sdr lawn mower

On Aug 23, 12:03�pm, (comeonin37)
wrote:
-------------------------------------

I have a honda mower model HRT216SDA.

�I replaced the transmission and clutch arm because the clutch arm was
worn as well as the tip that extends up from the transmission where the
clutch arm attached as well as installing a new belt.

�The problems is when I pull the drive control cable the wheels will turn
but it has no pulling power.

�I can see the cable move and when I lift the real wheels off the ground
the wheels turn, but as soon as I put the wheels back on the ground the
mower will not move.

�Before reinstalling I checked the gears in the wheels as well as the
pinion gears and could see no wear.

Any help would be appreciated

Maybe the cable needs adjusting. I had a guy bring me a mower and he
said the tranny was out (Craftsman) because it wouldn't move after
putting into gear. After I checked it out, the tranny was good. The
problem was 1 flat tire. The tire was spinning on the rim and he
couldn't see it while sitting on the mower or he was looking at the
other tire. I fixed the flat, but didn't tell him until the time he
picked it up. When I called him to tell him it was ready, I told him I
rebuilt the tranny and he owed me 150 bucks. When I told him the
truth, and that he only owed me $15, he almost passed out. Anyway,
check the tires. :-)

Hank