roland51859

Default Craftsman Table Saws

I bought and ran a circa 1960's Craftsman Table saw. The unit would
never align to the miter slots. Best I got following all information
was just over 1/64th out from front of blade to the back of the blade.
This is a problem on all contractor designed saws with the trunion
hanging from the top.

The real issue was with the use of the side sheet metal doing the
holding of the blade tilt mechnism. This was the same on the newest
machines that I looked into 2+ years ago. I was given a Xmas gift at
Sears for a newer contractor saw, but after inspecting the saws on
display I realized that this was a design flaw on all these saws. The
Jet and Delta models that I looked at used an internal steal bar to
hold the angle of the blade off of 90.

I talked Dad into using this money and some of mine to get a cabinet
saw! (Yes this was a drive by gloat!!!)

Craftsman contractor saw will cut straight with a good fense as long
as all parts are adjusted correctly. To change the angle and hold it
is the problem.

Ron