Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Taping the bathroom under remodeling

Mike Alternate wrote:
"Mike Alternate" wrote in message
My contractor uses SHEETROCK® Drywall Joint Tape to tape outside
the shower stall and a "classic" fiberglass mesh joint tape
FibaTape inside the stall. While the latter is mold-resistant, is it
still good only for
outside of the shower stall, and a more advanced FibaTape Mold-X10
should be used inside?

Or would it be years (if ever) until I see the difference?

*If the shower stall is lined with cement board then fiberglass tape
and thinset is correct. If it is drywall then nothing will help.

Why don't you just ask him why he is doing it that way?

A good portion of the shower stall is lined with cement board but
some "less exposed" ones areas are lined with Sheetrock, like the
rest of the bathroom. But I am wondering if using a paper-based tape
anywhere in the bathroom is a good idea, especially on the untiled
(painted) wall on the side of the sink?

The surface of sheet rock is paper. Why worry about paper tape?

--

dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...