Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Alternate Mike Alternate is offline

Default Taping the bathroom under remodeling

"Mike Alternate" wrote in message
My contractor uses SHEETROCK® Drywall Joint Tape to tape outside the shower
stall and a "classic" fiberglass mesh joint tape FibaTape inside the stall.

While the latter is mold-resistant, is it still good only for outside of
the shower stall, and a more advanced FibaTape Mold-X10 should be used
inside?

Or would it be years (if ever) until I see the difference?

*If the shower stall is lined with cement board then fiberglass tape and
thinset is correct. If it is drywall then nothing will help.

Why don't you just ask him why he is doing it that way?

A good portion of the shower stall is lined with cement board but some
"less exposed" ones areas are lined with Sheetrock, like the rest of
the bathroom. But I am wondering if using a paper-based tape anywhere
in the bathroom is a good idea, especially on the untiled (painted)
wall on the side of the sink?

I decided to post my question here after the contractor said there is
no point to set the max temperature limitation on the valve. It was a
red flag to me.