Posted to alt.home.repair
E Z Peaces E Z Peaces is offline

Default Feds going after garage sales

HeyBub wrote:

Here's just one example of the Draconian regulations: All books published
before 1986 are PRESUMED to contain lead. This means that ALL children's
books published more than twenty years ago: a) Have to be removed from
library shelves, and b) either destroyed or tested for lead. Inasmuch as
lead testing for a single book is expensive, the only option is the first.

Oh, yeah, the books cannot be sold.

No second-hand stuff must be tested. It's not supposed to be sold if
there's reason to believe it exceeds limits, but there are no penalties.

It has nothing to do with libraries unless libraries are selling books.
If the law is changed to prohibit lending, it will be about books
more than 25 years old. I used to work in the children's department of
an old municipal library. We had nothing 25 years old. I don't
remember anything even 10 years old. Children are rough on library books.