Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default RANT: About Ray-O-Vac batteries!

HeyBub wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Lowe's had a one day sale on the 3D LED Mags, and I bought
one for each vehicle. Very bright, and I havn't dropped it.
But, when I had my very first 4D mag, I did drop it, and the
filament bent. Threw a really strange light pattern after
that.

The "Task Force" 3W LED flashlight kicks a Mag-Lite's ass anyway,
unless you're talking about bulk and weight. I have both a 3-D
Mag-Light and a 2-C Task Force and the TF is way brighter and has a
more even beam pattern.

I used to be a cop.

I thought your "attitude" seemed familiar )

Mag-Light advertised their 5-cell flashlights at trade
shows with the comment" "If you ever have to use it as an offensive or
defensive weapon, it will not break." Whereupon the salesman used his light
to demolish a wooden pallet.

I know someone whose life was saved by a MagLight....a cop who made a
traffic stop alone and was jumped by two bad guys. Actually, three
lives were saved...the bad guys went to the hospital rather than to the
morgue.