Posted to alt.home.repair

Default RANT: About LED flashlights

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 08:54:25 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message

The "Task Force" 3W LED flashlight kicks a Mag-Lite's ass
anyway, unless
you're talking about bulk and weight. I have both a 3-D
Mag-Light and a
2-C Task Force and the TF is way brighter and has a more
even beam pattern.

nate

And how about energy consumption?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default RANT - Task force flash lights

Seriously good stuff. I want one, but can't justify thirty
bucks at the moment.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Nate Nagel" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

This is the one that I have

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...ATT&lpage=none

and it's very bright. I haven't seen the one you mention
(yet) because
I don't have a Lowe's nearby, but it might be better yet,
who knows.
Only downside that I have found with the one that I have is
that it
rattles (batteries fit loosely, end cap switch rattles) but
that is only
annoying because I use it as a bicycle headlight
occasionally. Hey,
it's way cheaper than the stuff you buy at a bike store and
brighter too.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Posted to alt.home.repair

I bought three of the 3D LEG Maglites. Two went into my
vehicles, and one went to a friend. I've used mine
occasionally. He's used his enough to say he's astounded how
long the batteries last.

The Mag web page says about 40 hours on a set of D cells.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

And how about energy consumption?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Default RANT: About Mags and tasers!

I saw that web page, about the guy who'd been huffing. Did
you see his bugged out eyes? That must be some wicked
inhalent.

You remember that old chemical Mace stuff? Which says it's
not effective on druggies. Well, shazaam, what's the point?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

I used to be a cop. Mag-Light advertised their 5-cell
flashlights at trade
shows with the comment" "If you ever have to use it as an
offensive or
defensive weapon, it will not break." Whereupon the salesman
used his light
to demolish a wooden pallet.

I carried one for about six years. During that time I had
several
opportunities to use it in circumstances for which it was
not actually
intended (this was before Tasers and even before effective
pepper-sprays).
There are many goblins who interacted with my flashlight
that can attest to
its effectiveness.

Today, with Tasers in common use, the term "light 'em up"
has taken on a new
meaning. Especially if the gomer has been heavily into
inhalants.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 19:40:53 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I saw that web page, about the guy who'd been huffing. Did
you see his bugged out eyes? That must be some wicked
inhalent.

You remember that old chemical Mace stuff? Which says it's
not effective on druggies. Well, shazaam, what's the point?

Tazers and Mace are not 100% effective. Mace may not even spray, batteries
occasionally die. There are a lot of people unaffected by both, regardless
of whether or not they are doing drugs or alcohol.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2009-08-23, Michael Dobony wrote:

Tazers and Mace are not 100% effective. Mace may not even spray, batteries
occasionally die. There are a lot of people unaffected by both, regardless
of whether or not they are doing drugs or alcohol.

I good dose of inhaled pepper spray can easily kill you, and it deserves
respect.

Of course, there's a big difference between those pencil-thin sprays and
the wide-cone sprays, and the volume of liquid that is dispenced per
second is also criticaly important.

I prefer pepper spray as it can be used effectively on dogs as well.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default RANT: About Ray-O-Vac batteries!

HeyBub wrote:
Nate Nagel wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Lowe's had a one day sale on the 3D LED Mags, and I bought
one for each vehicle. Very bright, and I havn't dropped it.
But, when I had my very first 4D mag, I did drop it, and the
filament bent. Threw a really strange light pattern after
that.

The "Task Force" 3W LED flashlight kicks a Mag-Lite's ass anyway,
unless you're talking about bulk and weight. I have both a 3-D
Mag-Light and a 2-C Task Force and the TF is way brighter and has a
more even beam pattern.

I used to be a cop.

I thought your "attitude" seemed familiar )

Mag-Light advertised their 5-cell flashlights at trade
shows with the comment" "If you ever have to use it as an offensive or
defensive weapon, it will not break." Whereupon the salesman used his light
to demolish a wooden pallet.

I know someone whose life was saved by a MagLight....a cop who made a
traffic stop alone and was jumped by two bad guys. Actually, three
lives were saved...the bad guys went to the hospital rather than to the
morgue.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote:

I used to be a cop. Mag-Light advertised their 5-cell flashlights at trade
shows with the comment" "If you ever have to use it as an offensive or
defensive weapon, it will not break." Whereupon the salesman used his light
to demolish a wooden pallet.

When I was a paramedic, a 2" wide depressed skull fracture was called a
"Kel-lite fracture". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kel-Lite

-- Doug

B&Q (OT rant) John UK diy 30 May 16th 07 12:38 AM
OT rant [email protected] UK diy 0 December 10th 06 02:03 PM
B&Q rant ABC UK diy 8 July 6th 06 04:43 AM
OT Rant Sam S. Home Repair 2 October 31st 05 06:37 AM
ON TOPIC (RANT) MidAmerican Extrusions (RANT) Pedro Metalworking 4 April 26th 05 12:02 AM