Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default Step Lights

"John Grabowski" wrote in message
I am not sure what these are called. I think they are called step
lights.

From the driveway, I take three steps up to the landing that leads to
the front door. On each side of the steps is a 32" wide 24" tall
concrete "block". There is a pole light on top of these block, and in
the front of these blocks is a recessed rectangular light.

These lights are falling apart. The glass were broken and I pulled the
cover plate off.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...l/P1020933.jpg

The cover plates:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...l/P1020933.jpg

There is a piece inside that the two bulb sockets are attached to:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...l/P1020935.jpg

If I pull the piece out the inside look like this:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...l/P1020936.jpg

Closer look:

On Google, using the search term: recessed exterior wall lighting

I found a couple that looked similar.

I agree with John that going back with the closet match is your best option.

Colbyt