Ray Kinzler

Default Building Kitchen Cabinets

John,

What I was trying to say was that they run their hand or fingers
across the wood and say, "Yeah, it is smooth." and continue on their
way.

In other words, they are NOT impressed!

I do not know what their problem is and I keep askinig them to touch
it again and again and again, hoping they will somehow understand.
Some, like my wife, say that it's almost TOO smooth to be real and
they almost don't like it.

They are crazy, man, I'm tellin' ya! I guess I'm the only pervert...

All I have to say is that if the advice in your book on how to build
cabinets is even 1/3 as good as that small article on getting a
beautiful handrubbed finish, I may have to go into business.

John Paquay wrote in message . ..

On 11 Nov 2003 11:02:09 -0800, (Ray Kinzler)
wrote:

I have also
been out to his site and read a bunch of stuff several different
times. I tried out his suggestions in the "How to achieve an
incredible hand-rubbed oil finish." link and got an old cherry dresser
to come out smoother than a piece of glass. I must touch part of that
durn thing 10 times a day. It's just a shame that others don't
appreciate that and I have no idea why. Everybody in my life looks at
it, touches it, makes a face, and says, "Yeah. That is smooth, huh?"
Yoi!!!

A nice wood finish can make perverts of us all.