Posted to alt.home.repair
cm[_2_] cm[_2_] is offline

Default Reolacement top for toilet

EJ

You need to ask around the smaller plumbing suppliers. We have a few here in
Arizona that keep the tops from damaged toilets. Many will fit close enough
to work.They usually charge $20-$40. I always keep a few around from when
we replace toilets. HD sells a plastic universal top but it is ****ing ugly.

cm

"EJ Willson" wrote in message
m...
A large picture fell off the bathroom wall and broke the china top to the
toilet. I need a replacement top. The toilet is a Universal Rundel #4490,
1.6 gal/flush. I cannot find a U/R dealer because Universal was bought by
Crane, which appears to have been bought by American Standard. Can anyone
offer any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement top locally here
in the Princeton NJ area, mail order or over the internet?

Thanks,
EJ in NJ