Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Reolacement top for toilet

EJ Willson wrote:
A large picture fell off the bathroom wall and broke the china top to
the toilet. I need a replacement top. The toilet is a Universal Rundel
#4490, 1.6 gal/flush. I cannot find a U/R dealer because Universal was
bought by Crane, which appears to have been bought by American Standard.
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to where I can get a replacement top
locally here in the Princeton NJ area, mail order or over the internet?

Thanks,
EJ in NJ

Google 'replacement toilet tank lids'. There are several companies out
there that carry NOS, salvage, and 'universal' lids. Here is one at
random that shows your number.
http://www.plumbingsupply.com/tanklids_overstock.html . At the price
they want, I'd be tempted to replace the whole thing with a fresh one.

--
aem sends...