Posted to alt.home.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Electric mower / trimmer?

Hustlin' Hank wrote:
On Aug 22, 5:10�am, Winston wrote:

Hank ~~~thinks WINSTON has been smoking too much of this so called
"super weed"

Woo! �Didn't mean to rile you, Hank! �

--Winston �-- So, do you want a hit or not?

Not riled, just confused, why, after all the time and energy you (and
her) have put in to curing the problem, you don't take the permanent
fix and have it tilled, spray herbicide and plant new grass that will
force out the weeds. The fix is obvious, do it.

Did you miss the part where she made several applications of
a previously effective herbicide? I still agree that tilling
is a good idea, but we need a way to prevent further germination.
That's why I'm optimistic about the alternative herbicide.

Besides, if she is a true friend, you don't owe her anything, thats
the way true friendships work.

Friendships require thoughtfulness, respect and work.
Minus those things, you are just left with exploitation.
Are Homer Simpson and Ned Flanders friends? No.

I've got a friend who is an independent contractor.
He loaned me a belt sander about 10 years ago and I toasted it
trying to take the finish down on an oiled chopping block.
I took the tool in for a rebuild, then I bought a brand new
sander of the same model and gave that to my friend and
apologized for breaking his sander.
(I still use the rebuilt tool.)

Note that he didn't have to call wondering what happened
to his sander. He got an apology and a new sander.

Since then, I've worked on some of his projects.
He's worked on some of my projects. Somehow the subject
of paying each other never came up, because we are friends.

Also, one of you have an attraction to
the other. Men and women can't be "just friends".

Of course we can be "just friends".
Don't be silly.

Hank ~~~amateur psycholigist :-)

Not every psychologist is a fraud (*all* evidence to the
contrary notwithstanding).
Fewer than 2% give the rest a good reputation.

--Winston