Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.[_2_] Walter R.[_2_] is offline

Default How do I fix cast iron waste stack crack?

If you have a buddy who has welding equipment, ask him to weld it. Cast iron
can be welded.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"johnnylabguy" wrote in message
roups.com...
My sewer stack has a hairline crack in the bell hub right at the concrete
floor in my basement. I'm afraid the only way to fix it is to bust out the
floor around it and replace it, But I was hoping for some suggestions for
an epoxy or resin, or something that I could do to fix the seeping crack.
I'm wondering if I could build up some mortar or something around it to
try to seal the leak. It is about an inch above the floor. Anyone have any
ideas?