Lawrence

Default Screwfix

I wonder what you ordered, was it soemthing from the big stuff section
with a long lead time.

I have a lost parcel once (only 1 of 2 arrived) and then they where
happy to send a duplicate with instructions to me to refuse delivery
if the missing package turned up.

I must admit the duplicate came via Lynx and was a day late ona before
12 delivery, seems a whole truck load got mislaid for a night then.

I think like most things, you pays your money and takes your choice.
The prices are very competitive, especially over local suppliers here.

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:00:42 GMT, Rick Dipper
wrote:

I am having a nightmare with Screwfix, who deposited my order with a neghbour 8 days after I orderd it.
I needed the items, so I re-orderd to a different address, and they came.

The neighbour got upset at the orignal delivery, so I collected them from her house and the goods are on my drive.
At no time have I or anybody else ever signed for delivery.

Terms and conditions item 3 appears to apply
"A valid signature will be required on collection or delivery."
To which I say, no signature, thefore not delivered, you can take them away, I ain't paying.
The items are still in transit.

They say (terms and conditions item 3)
"Immediately prior to despatch of the goods to you, title in the goods will pass to you."

So they give my goods to a carrier of thier choosing, and if the carrier does not deliver, then its my problem. The carrier will not dicuss title of the goods with me,
as I am not the customer, Screwfix are, and in their eyes only their customer can lay claim to the goods.

They are now telling me, that if the foods are lost before they collect I have to pay, but they have never been delivered why should I pay ?

Have I gone "off on one" or am I right ?

Thanks
Rick

Lawrence

usenet at lklyne dt co dt uk