Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default RANT: About Ray-O-Vac batteries!

Nate Nagel wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Lowe's had a one day sale on the 3D LED Mags, and I bought
one for each vehicle. Very bright, and I havn't dropped it.
But, when I had my very first 4D mag, I did drop it, and the
filament bent. Threw a really strange light pattern after
that.

The "Task Force" 3W LED flashlight kicks a Mag-Lite's ass anyway,
unless you're talking about bulk and weight. I have both a 3-D
Mag-Light and a 2-C Task Force and the TF is way brighter and has a
more even beam pattern.

I used to be a cop. Mag-Light advertised their 5-cell flashlights at trade
shows with the comment" "If you ever have to use it as an offensive or
defensive weapon, it will not break." Whereupon the salesman used his light
to demolish a wooden pallet.

I carried one for about six years. During that time I had several
opportunities to use it in circumstances for which it was not actually
intended (this was before Tasers and even before effective pepper-sprays).
There are many goblins who interacted with my flashlight that can attest to
its effectiveness.

Today, with Tasers in common use, the term "light 'em up" has taken on a new
meaning. Especially if the gomer has been heavily into inhalants.