Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
mac davis[_5_] mac davis[_5_] is offline

Default easy rougher tool

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 18:20:23 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Wasn't me, Leo...

I don't do any hollowing that the Eliminator or Termite won't handle... Hollow
forms just aren't my thing..

OTOH, I an sort of intrigued by Bill Noble's post about using old alan wrenches
for hollowing... I have a few that would fit my Oland tools... hmmm...

Hi Mac
Just reading this thread, and thinking about the different tools we
use and try,
did you use or try the reshaped drill-bit to use for hollowing, I'm
maybe wrong as it's been a while, thought it was you that tried that
tool at one time ??
If it wasn't you, do you happen to remember something about this, or
anybody else for that matter of course :-))

Have fun and take care
Leo Van Der Loo
http://homepage.mac.com/l.vanderloo/PhotoAlbum4.html

On Aug 21, 1:42*am, mac davis wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 14:26:51 -0400, "Kevin Cleary" wrote:
Has anyone used this tool? I've seen a couple of videos and it seems to
rough out bowls pretty easily.
It would seem to be nice for cherry burls with a lot of bark.

Robohippy uses on.. seems to like it.. He may comment..
If not, google this group for ezrougher or robohippy and check out the
discussion we had a few months ago..

I think if I was more of a production turner, I'd make the investment, but for
now I'll stick with oland tools and bowl gouges..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing