Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default RANT: About Ray-O-Vac batteries!

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Flashlight scares people, but the semi automatic pistol with
high capacity magazine is just fine? I find that astounding.

I was chatting with an old man, in the hallway of my church,
a couple weeks ago. He mentioned my pocket full of pens. I
replied that not all are pens, one's a thermostat screw
driver, and one's a utility knife. As I pulled it out, I saw
his eyes grow wide. He probably doesn't even own a knife for
the kitchen.

Okay, scares and offends the underemployed inner-city preachers who are
the self-appointed spokesmen for the populace? The underclass isn't too
afraid that the cops are going to shoot them- they know there is
publicity and paperwork attached to that. They are (justly, in some
cities, sad to say), afraid of random beatings in dark corners and
behind closed doors. Not as bad as 30-40 years ago, but it still goes
on, and most have heard their parents talk about it. Most inner-city
cops do not carry batons any more either, especially the high-tech ones.
A shame, really, because with good training, they are very effective
less-than-lethal weapons. Tasers seem to have replaced them in the tool kit.

--
aem sends...