Posted to alt.home.repair
Ben Ben is offline

Default Fixing garage door opener?

We had a power outage yesterday so I had to use the manual disconnect
on my Stanley garage door opener. When the power came back, I tried
to reconnect it, but the part of the traveler connected to the rope
wouldn't snap back into the slot as its done in the past, and as a
result the traveler won't connect to the chair. It seems as though
some spring is broken or out of place---in fact, I can see a spring in
the slot in the traveler. I know this is a vague description, but I'm
hoping that someone could suggest a way to fix this. Even better
would be fixing it without taking the whole opener down!

Any suggestions would be very welcome. Thanks!!!