Posted to alt.home.repair
KC KC is offline

Default Very OT, what do you call this?

On Aug 21, 8:42*pm, mm wrote:
This is very OT but I'm a regular reader/poster and I hope you will
help me.

My favorite army surplus store closed down and I need to buy a couple
of the belts they sold, but I don't know what it is called, to search
for it.

It's a heavy woven nylon or ??? belt, a little over an inch wide. *It
has a little brass end to keep it from unravelling, but has no hole in
it for the buckle. *Instead the end of the belt slides into the plain
brass buckle and sticks there (a little transverse rod in the buckle
squeezes on it when you try to pull the belt out of the buckle, and it
doesn't come out until you grab both ends of the rod with your thumb
and index finger and pull it back.)

It's good because the same belt works while you loser, or gain,
weight.

It comes in olive drab, khaki, black, dark blue, and maybe other
colors.

I called this an army belt, but searching for that gives everything
else but, including belts from foreign armies and belts with holes for
hanging canteens etc.

What is it called? * Thanks.

I recently bought a couple in assorted colors from my local Academy
Sports store.