CW

Default Hand plane - can you REALLY joint a perfectly straight edge?

Average notebook paper is .0028. Measuring the shavings is not accurate. The
wood in the shavings compresses making it measure thicker than the actual
amount removed. Its pretty close though.

"Christopher" wrote in message
"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
m...
When the blade takes a light cut, do you think we are talking on the
order of 2 or 3 thous?

dave

You know, I'm not sure. I'll measure a couple shavings and see what I'm
getting this weekend since I'm curious now. I don't really have a good

feel
for how thick a few thousands of an inch is. The thickness of magazine
paper would be in the ballpark.

-Chris