Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default RANT: About Ray-O-Vac batteries!

aemeijers wrote in
:

Aloysius Q Roger-YoMama wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 22:32:48 -0500, AZ Nomad
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:28:57 -0600, Tony Hwang
wrote:

All my flash lights are LED now. Coupe at cabin, condo, house and
in each car glove box. I always try to buy industrial grade
batteries.
Except in my car. That 5 D-cell maglight also can double as a
weapon.

A single-size lug wrench is lighter and faster, and it won't break
when ya split a skull.

AQ

A flashlight has plausible deniability, at least after dark. A lug
wrench, unless you are standing next to a jacked up flat tire, not so
much.

(I was just walkin' home, officer, mindin' my own business. I was even
carrying a flashlight so people wouldn't run over me. This fellow
just came up from behind and grabbed me- I'm not really sure just what
happened then....)

Come to think of it, I haven't seen my 4-cell in awhile. Wonder where
it is? Maglights were a lot cooler when they were not mass-market.
They used to come in a cardboard box at the gun store, not a blister
pack at Sam's Club.

--
aem sends...

you can get LED upgrades for the Maglights now;either 1 watt or 3 watt
Luxeon LEDs.

Then when you whack someone,the lamp doesn't fail. B-)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik