Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default RANT: About Ray-O-Vac batteries!

Aloysius Q Roger-YoMama wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 22:32:48 -0500, AZ Nomad wrote:

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 21:28:57 -0600, Tony Hwang wrote:

All my flash lights are LED now. Coupe at cabin, condo, house and in
each car glove box. I always try to buy industrial grade batteries.

Except in my car. That 5 D-cell maglight also can double as a weapon.

A single-size lug wrench is lighter and faster, and it won't break
when ya split a skull.

AQ

A flashlight has plausible deniability, at least after dark. A lug
wrench, unless you are standing next to a jacked up flat tire, not so much.

(I was just walkin' home, officer, mindin' my own business. I was even
carrying a flashlight so people wouldn't run over me. This fellow just
came up from behind and grabbed me- I'm not really sure just what
happened then....)

Come to think of it, I haven't seen my 4-cell in awhile. Wonder where it
is? Maglights were a lot cooler when they were not mass-market. They
used to come in a cardboard box at the gun store, not a blister pack at
Sam's Club.

--
aem sends...