Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Frig repair or buy a new one?

willshak wrote:
on 8/18/2009 1:41 PM (ET) wrote the following:
Amana refrig only 4 yrs old and the compressor is slowly dying. The
overload/relay is buzzing every 10 min and the temp is slowly rising
inside. I replaced the overload/relay and this didn't help matters at
all. It's still under warranty for the compressor.

I called one very good repair company here in Seattle and he said he
didn't do any warranty work. He recommended buying a new refrig. I
hesistate to call Sears or A&E Factory Service based on the reviews
I've read online. I have a call into the place I bought it from but I
doubt they can do much.

Opinions? The ice cream is melting! Any good repair service here in
the South End of King County?

JaKe

I've never had a problem with Sears repairmen/women.
They came in Sears trucks.
Two specific incidents I had with the warranty work.
The repairman found a 10 penny nail in the pump, which didn't damage the
pump. My fault, yet it wrote it up as something else.
Another repairman who showed up, when I was working and my wife was
home, took time out from fixing the dryer to remove a tick from my dog.
I would never have a second thought about using Sears for warranty work.

Sears repairs dogs, too? Who'da thunk it?

Bet he was a dog owner. Just like every Mommy in a grocery store snaps
to attention when a kid starts screaming, most dog owners can't stand to
see an animal suffering.

I don't think Sears has a service center doing house calls around here
any more. Only trucks I see are the local GE/Hotpoint franchisee service
place. Maybe they outsourced it around here.

--
aem sends...