Christopher

Default Hand plane - can you REALLY joint a perfectly straight edge?

"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
m...
Good point, Chris. Creating a bevel would be another concern of mine as
a newbie Neander. Maybe I could put some "training wheels" on my plane
(when I actually GET one) to keep it on the straight and narrow.

I think perhaps I should get the darn plane anyway and try my hand at
edge planing a 2 footer that has been run through the jointer and hold
it up to a jointed edge and see what it looks like. As some have said,
the smoother is the wrong tool to be using for that and if that turns
out to be my experience, I'll keep it for other things.

dave

I think you should get one. I've got a few Veritas planes now and I'm
extremely happy with them.

-Chris