Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Rod is offline

Default Masonry paint - dusky pink

Keefiedee wrote:
My 1650s Norfolk farmhouse is pink - as far as we can tell from an old
paint tin left behind by the previous owners, Sandtex Dusky Pink.
This is, of course, no longer listed. Enquiries in local DIY shops
and builder's merchants are rather confusing, but I gather
Weathershield can be mixed to order, but only certain colours. I see
from a Google search that Johnstone's do a dusky pink which might be a
fair match, but I can't even begin to understand their colour charts.
Can anyone give us any advice about how best to go about getting a
reasonable match - given that we haven't the time or the energy to
repaint the whole place at once!

Keith

I do not know about other branches, but my local Johnstone's branch is
extremely helpful and knowledgeable. [1] I suggest dropping in and
asking for their help - it seems likely that the people in your area
would have come across this question regarding local buildings.

[1] I do work for a part of the company that owns Johnstone's/Leyland
but have nothing to do with paint.

--
Rod