Posted to uk.d-i-y
dmc dmc is offline

Default pipe freezing kits

In article ,
Lee Nowell wrote:
what about using one of these push fit isolation valves?
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/25911/...15mm-Pack-of-5

- Clean the feed pipe up before cutting it.
- Set the valve to be closed
- cut the pipe and put your finger over the cut end to stop the water
coming out
- quickly push the fitting on.

When I've done this before I found it easier to use a valve that was turned
on as there wasn't the pressure of water making it harder to push the fitting
on.

Put a short bit of copper pipe in the other side and a hose that runs
into the sink or outside.

Surprisingly little mess! Of course, you need to make sure they are
dismountable pushfits (or I guess just then join onto the short bit of
copper...)

Darren