Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ralph E Lindberg Ralph E Lindberg is offline

Default easy rougher tool

In article ,
"Kevin Cleary" wrote:

Has anyone used this tool? I've seen a couple of videos and it seems to
rough out bowls pretty easily.
It would seem to be nice for cherry burls with a lot of bark.

Yes I've used it... It is easier to use then a proper bowl gouge, is it
faster.... Well not for me.

Where I have found it really works is knocking the blank round. After it
is round and true I have noticed no real advantage over a bowl gouge.

Of course, it does cause less stress in the hands, making it a real
advantage for some users

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv