Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default RANT: About Ray-O-Vac batteries!

JIMMIE wrote:
On Aug 20, 7:09 pm, Willie The Wimp
wrote:
On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 04:31:37 -0700 (PDT), Bob Villa wrote:
In the past (and when on sale) I would buy ROV batteries...and they
would always fail prematurely for me.
Then I would think to myself, how could a big company still be in
business that made a faulty product. So I would try again.
Last time was a 5 year rated lithium 9Volt I put in a smoke
detector...it failed (detector started short beep) after 2 weeks!
I don't have problems with Duracell or Energizer. (I don't own stock
in these companies)

ROV flashlights used to be even worse.

I havent bought anything ROV in at least 25 years.

They sell Fuji batteries priced very reasonably around here. I've had
no problems with 'em.

Willie

My wife still has her ROV flashlight she got when she was a brownie.
My daughter used it on her first GS camping trip, hopefully so will
her daughter. We are talking over 40 years here.I have one that is
nearly as old that I keep in my night stand.

Jimmie

Hi,
All my flash lights are LED now. Coupe at cabin, condo, house and in
each car glove box. I always try to buy industrial grade batteries.