Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Lewis Hartswick Lewis Hartswick is offline

Default Smart Tool Level or Smart Level

Stu Fields wrote:
"Lewis Hartswick" wrote in message
news
I don't understand why any "Level" would need a battery.
Bubble vials with arc seconds accuracy have been available for
many many years. And anything of lesser accuracy is
really cheep. ??????
...lew...

Lew: This "Smart Level" that I have is more like a digital protractor. Yep
I have a machinist level that is super precise but is hard to use to measure
angles. I've used electronic tiltmeters to read to better than 10 seconds
of arc.
Stu

Then it's NOT a "level". Why in the world do they call it that?
It's an inclinometer or as you say tilt meter.
...lew...