Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Perpetual motion - free energy

jeff_wisnia wrote in
eonecommunications:

Smitty Two wrote:

In article ,
zxcvbob wrote:

BobR wrote:

In theory if you could find a material that would block magnetic
forces, you could in fact create a machine that power itself without
any outside source of power. The problem is in finding a material
that can block magnetic fields and to my knowledge no such material
exists.

Bismuth, or any superconductor. HTH :-)

Bob

OK, I picked up a can of bismuth and some magnets. Now where are
those plans for my free energy device?

Yes, bismuth is diamagnetic and repels magnets (of either polarity),
but rather weakly, with far less repulsive force than the attractive
force of the same size magnet to a material such as iron.

I built a magnetic levitator years ago which used bismuth. It's still
standing amongst the clutter on my desk.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/diamag.html

Jeff

I'm impressed Jeff...You can at least find your desk:-)