Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Replacing anode rods in water heaters?

On Aug 19, 6:29*pm, Salmon Egg wrote:
Does it make practical sense to preemptively replace anodes in working
water heaters in order to extend their lives? Is it better to just wait
until leaking begins?

Bill

When I was a kid I needed an anode rod for a science experiment. Well
I went down to the local hardware store and while they had some the
guy there said I could save some money by scavaging for what I needed
at the dump. When I got there they had a section of the dump with them
piled up. I pulled a dozen of the things and there wasnt enough
degradation of any of them to mention.

Jimmie