Posted to alt.home.repair
Walter R.[_2_] Walter R.[_2_] is offline

Default blowing dust off screens

Your tiny air compressor will turn this no-job into a big-job.

My window washer just takes out the screen (in order to get at the windows).
He then uses a small dust-brush to brush the dust off the screens. Takes
only a few seconds. Very satisfactory and fast.

--
Walter
www.rationality.net
"Heathcliff" wrote in message
I have a cheap Sears 3-gallon air compressor. It has worked fine for
inflating tires.

I would like to rig up a tool for cleaning window screens by blowing
the dust off them with compressed air. I am thinking in terms of a
wand a few feet long with a fan-shaped nozzle on the end. (For
reasons too complicated to go into, I don't want to just use the hose
on the screens). Just wondering if (a) something like that is already
available as a compressor attachment, or (b) would it be difficult to
fabricate something like that with items from the big box store (air
hose connector, PVC piping, etc.).