Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default blowing dust off screens

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 16:52:40 -0400, Phisherman
wrote:

On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 13:41:46 -0700 (PDT), Heathcliff
wrote:

I have a cheap Sears 3-gallon air compressor. It has worked fine for
inflating tires.

I would like to rig up a tool for cleaning window screens by blowing
the dust off them with compressed air. I am thinking in terms of a
wand a few feet long with a fan-shaped nozzle on the end. (For
reasons too complicated to go into, I don't want to just use the hose
on the screens). Just wondering if (a) something like that is already
available as a compressor attachment, or (b) would it be difficult to
fabricate something like that with items from the big box store (air
hose connector, PVC piping, etc.).

Wouldn't it be easier to remove them and wash them with detergent and
water? While the screens are drying clean out the dirt in the window
tracks.

Don't complicate the situation more. He could hang them over a clothes
line and beat them with a straw broom.