Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Concrete question

HeyBub wrote:
wrote:
Plan to pour concrete slab and build on top of slab...One row of
concrete blocks. The question I have - will mortar anchor blocks to
concrete? or should I put some anchors to tie blocks to concrete? How
is this typically done? TIA

Where's it gonna go?

Idea: After the concrete is poured, wander around the perimeter poking
sections of rebar in the still pliable concrete such that about 8" is
sticking up. Lay your cinder blocks. Wherever there's a rebar, fill the void
with concrete.

Is this down south where frost isn't an issue? Not sure that would even
be legal up north here, other than maybe for a shed. IMHO, if a
structure is going over a slab, the slab needs footers. They could be
monolithic pour at same time slab is poured, with rebar hooks to add a
row of block to keep the bottom of wall dry. But if it is a real
building, I'd sleep better with a conventional foundation, and slab
poured inside and resting on the foundation ledges. That is how garages
and such have been built here in frost country for close to 100 years.

--
aem sends...