Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Frig repair or buy a new one?

wrote in message
Amana refrig only 4 yrs old and the compressor is slowly dying. The
overload/relay is buzzing every 10 min and the temp is slowly rising
inside. I replaced the overload/relay and this didn't help matters at
all. It's still under warranty for the compressor.

I called one very good repair company here in Seattle and he said he
didn't do any warranty work. He recommended buying a new refrig. I
hesistate to call Sears or A&E Factory Service based on the reviews
I've read online. I have a call into the place I bought it from but I
doubt they can do much.

Opinions? The ice cream is melting! Any good repair service here in
the South End of King County?

JaKe

If it is the compressor and it is under warranty, get it done. Free is god.
If not, the cost of replacement is going to be too high and you'd do as well
to buy new.