Posted to alt.home.repair
JIMMIE JIMMIE is offline

Default Frig repair or buy a new one?

On Aug 18, 4:09*pm, Frank wrote:
On Aug 18, 1:41*pm, " wrote:

Amana refrig only 4 yrs old and the compressor is slowly dying. *The
overload/relay is buzzing every 10 min and the temp is slowly rising
inside. *I replaced the overload/relay and this didn't help matters at
all. *It's still under warranty for the compressor.
JaKe

Google says 5 year warranty. *Get 'er done. *Maybe they'll just give
you a new one rather than fix the old.

Good chance on that for a fridge. I used to do Amana warranty work. I
wasn't qualified to work on refrigeration systems and that was OK with
Amana at the time. Their policy was to replace a unit that needed a
new compressor. I could replace thermostats, switches, hardware ice
makers etc..

Jimmie