Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Frig repair or buy a new one?

I'd suggest to call Amana. Worth a chance, that you might
get a complimentary repair out of them. If someone other
than Amana warranty changed the relay, you've just lost your
warranty.

There are hard start kids (I know, I install enough of them)
for when a standard relay won't work. Maybe you can find a
small town repair shop that does Supco hard start kits. I'd
offer to come out, but I'm in Ontario County, and not sure
where King County is. How far is that from Ontario County?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
Amana refrig only 4 yrs old and the compressor is slowly
dying. The
overload/relay is buzzing every 10 min and the temp is
slowly rising
inside. I replaced the overload/relay and this didn't help
matters at
all. It's still under warranty for the compressor.

I called one very good repair company here in Seattle and he
said he
didn't do any warranty work. He recommended buying a new
refrig. I
hesistate to call Sears or A&E Factory Service based on the
reviews
I've read online. I have a call into the place I bought it
from but I
doubt they can do much.

Opinions? The ice cream is melting! Any good repair
service here in
the South End of King County?

JaKe