Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Question regarding Kitchen Renovation - order of installation.

wrote:
When renovating a kitchen using ceramic tile as flooring..... are the
base cabinets installed in place and then the ceramic tile, or is
the entire floor finished first and then the base cabinets put into
place.

How is the dishwasher handled... if ceramic tile is installed up
to the front of the dishwasher, it blocks the dishwasher
in....however if tile is installed under the dishwasher... it
creates problems with the countertop height.

There are pros and cons.

Installing UP TO the edge of things:
* Easier to do
* Problems with remodeling or replacement of things not exactly like the
things being replaced

Diswasher:
* Raise the cabinets
* Remove completely the adjustable legs. That should gain you another 3/8"
or so.

I hope others have some suggestions - I don't like anything so far.