Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Pointing

The Medway Handyman wrote:
Got to do a fair bit of pointing soon, old stuff pretty crumbly so I assume
the best tool is one of those wheelie things with a nail in it? Rather than
the TCT rasps for angle grinders? They look a mite tricky to control?

I've also seen a sort of sealant gun for mortar
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand...0/sd140/p51065

Are these any good? Bit wary after spending money on a Durgun which was
useless (I know its for a different application).

Tried both, and couldn't get on with them. I used a drill bit for the
mortar removal, which worked as well as anything for me. This kind of thing

http://www.tooled-up.com/Product.asp?PID=56514

You can drill a hole and then drag it along at an angle. Bounces around
a bit but never goes out of control