Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blowing drains

If I end up blowing more drains at work, I may very well do
that. It's an excellent idea. Is it a bit heavy to haul up a
ladder, or do you rope it up?

I've seen a fire department use a SCBA tank with regulator
to run an air chisel, for car extrication. Much the same,
I'd guess, for you. Don't want to get suffocated by the
tool's exhaust. Inflating tires would work fine. Most
liquified gasses work fine for tires. Propane is too
flammable, but there are some non flammable halocarbons that
work nicely. In emergency, you can also invert a halocarbon
tank to feed liquid, and reseat a tire on a rim.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

I have a number of 20lb CO2 tanks that were meant for
soft drink dispensers. The tanks are quite handy and
can often be found abandoned in closed restaurants.
I've found several in dumpsters and set them up for
friends to use for inflating tires and blowing debris
out of things. I get them refilled at the local dry
ice/CO2 dealer. I purchased a high flow regulator at
the HVAC supply house and use the CO2 to run air tools,
inflate tires and clear clogged pipes and coils.

TDD