Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blowing drains

I saw that drain blower, from Johnstone. The cartridges are
about two bucks each. But, it's a lot lighter than an air
compressor. I could much more easily carry it up the ladder,
also.

My plan at the moment is to use small compressor, length of
air hose, and a blow gun. Stick the blow gun into the clean
out, wrap with a towel, and squeeze the handle. Some of the
air will of course blow into the pan. But, much should blow
down the length of the drain. The drain is huge.

I'm wondering if wasps have nested in the open end. Need a
big nylon sock or something to keep the wasps out.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

I have a couple of interesting gadgets that Johnstone used
to carry. The things are machined aluminum holders for the
small CO2 cartridges and have a 3/4" male pipe thread on
one end with a pair of small holes. You insert a CO2
cartridge,
screw the adapter on to the pipe, then twist the holder
tight
which punctures the gas cartridge. It works fairly well for
some clogs.

TDD