Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Blowing drains

I know of the device you mean. The one with the rubber
expanding ball that clogs the drain, and reduces back flow.
That's a totally excellent idea. I'd not thought of that.
Thank you.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Paul Franklin" wrote in
message ...

If you can get a garden hose up there, use a drain king.
It's a
rubber device you attach to end of hose and slide into end
of pipe.
When you turn on the water, it first expands to seal against
the sides
of the pipe, and then releases water pressure into the pipe.

I've used them many times to clear undersink drains. Works
like a
charm. Come in different size ranges.

HTH,

Paul F.